Summer bodies are made in winter
While “Get Fit Quick” schemes seem attractive as you stare down the long, pale tunnel of a bikini shopping session, the truth is no quick fix is a good fix. Or a permanent one. Celebs know that to bare abs in St Tropez means pounding the pavement on chilly mornings. Similarly, if you’re looking to enhance your physique cosmetically, now’s the time to do it.
Recovery, especially in surgeries such as breast augmentation and tummy tucks, can take anywhere from six to 12 weeks, depending on your procedure, according to Cosmetic Plastic Surgeon Dr Rohit Kumar. And that’s just the healing; the “after” shot of your makeover can be up to six months post-surgery.
There are other advantage of having cosmetic surgeries done in the cooler months. Compression garments that help with recovery are much easier to wear at this time of year – a lot less hot and sticky, and virtually undetectable under those winter layers. Cooler temps also mean less sweating, reducing the chance of redness and irritation around your incision scars.
Dr Rohit’s advice? Spend your summer holidays at the beach, not recovering from surgery. Use the winter months for getting the body you want. No surgery is instantaneous.
Sydney Cosmetic Sanctuary’s complimentary Sanctuary Experience package is the perfect finishing touch to your procedure. Spend a total of $8000 or greater per year and receive the following, valued at over $2500:
- Complimentary 90-minute shopping and styling experience with internationally recognised stylist Zarife Hardy
- Complimentary hair cut and blow dry at stylist-to-the-stars Joh Bailey, Double Bay
- Complimentary dental check-up with our Cosmetic Dentist plus a complimentary Opalescence take home whitening kit (patients who have already had dental treatment will also receive a night guard to protect their new smile)
- Complimentary 3D Vectra and skin assessment with our dermal therapist
- Complimentary First Micropen Skin Needling with any purchase from our Aspect Dr range
- 10% off all the services offered at our Medispa